The Cannabis Reporter podcast aims to provide information about this complex world through interviews with experts, policy makers and other individuals shaping the future of cannabis culture.
Here is a sampling:
Navigating the Regulatory Rifts of Intercontinental Cannabis Banking & Commerce
Advantage Canada: How Legalization Will Help First Responders Access Cannabis for PTSD
A Higher Calling Down Under: Cannabis Research & Alzheimer’s
Why do I hope for a federal law legalizing medical and recreational cannabis?
- The current legal situation is a mess - there are 50 states in the US and each of them has a different stance about legalization.
- Many states have decriminalized possession of small amounts.
- There is no standardization of product.
- It is difficult to conduct large scale research on the positives and potential issues raised by cannabis use.
- Chronic pain sufferers will tell you we have a dire need for alternatives to opiates and non steroidal inflammatory meds.
- TSA security officers do not search for marijuana.
- Good luck to corporations with work sites in different states with different cannabis regulations. What should be your policy when a terminally ill employee asks to use medical marijuana during a lunch break to manage nausea?