As someone who has been blogging weekly since 2008 without EVER missing a week, I admire consistency. So 253 posts about fascinating esoterica? Hats off to you, Nessy.
If you go to the messynessy.com landing page, you will note that the aforementioned Nessy also writes about other topics.
"Don't Be a Tourist" is a travelogue of off the beaten path places.
"Art and Design Awesomness"... Well, Nessy, you had me at Pachinko.
Bottom line, you could happily spend hours wandering around this website.
But back to 13 things (Vol. CCLIII). Nessy is a Brit living in Paris so a lot of her finds skew towards Europeana. And what finds they are:
- Pripyat: Before & After
- The Forgotten Gravetunnels of Brussels
- Bizarre Victorian Erotica - with Skeletons
- A Medieval Medicine Chest
- Early science-fiction illustrations for Jules Verne’s From the Earth to the Moon
- Before the FBI, there was the Pinkerton Detective Agency, which had more employees than soldiers in the US Army.
And utterly fascinating.