I glaze over. Overwhelmingly, cosmetics are marketed by 20 year old models and celebrities who are over Botoxed and plastic.
I am so sick of it.
So when I came across Boom! (and I wish I could remember how I came across Boom,) it was so refreshing, so different that I stopped everything to analyze its greatness.
And share it with you, because believe it or not, anyone can use some of the ideas behind this website to market their services or products.
1. Authentic - Cindy Joseph is a 60+ woman who has developed her line of cosmetics for older women. Yes, Cindy is attractive and models but she looks like a real person. And she uses other older women as models for her products. I believe her.
2. Aspirational - Cindy has a fantastic tagline for her line: "It's about women. it's about beauty. it's about time." Who doesn't want to be that confident, natural, beautiful, and most importantly visible older person?
3. Accessible - Cindy markets her products with short videos. Nothing technically fancy - but Cindy has written a great script, which she delivers with conviction. You could make a video like that.
4. Disruptive - As if it wasn't enough to own her age, Cindy has some revolutionary ideas about makeup and the older woman. Some of them are:
- Women older than 50 tend to lose definition in their eyebrows. Just go with that. Don’t recreate the brows you had in your 20s.
- Tinted moisturizers don’t work.
- Do not wear any eye shadow at all. (Gasp!)
- The older you get, the less makeup you should wear.
Post a Comment